Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Justification by Coma (Dr. Sundberg)

In light of the distance between this post and the last, I will briefly summarize life in the last few months. Busy.
Last semester ended well. I enjoyed and did well in my classes. Christmas break was very relaxing. I'm sure I saw many of you. There was some drama around the reception hall for Pippi and my wedding. It went bankrupt and we lost our $600 deposit. But we found a new, less expensive place and will be getting hitched on Friday August 13. Friday the 13th. Spooky. Then I took a class for J term in Chicago called the Dimensions and Dynamics of Urban Ministry. We dealt with the pastor's role as prophet, and confronting violence, economic injustice, and racism with the gospel. Through that class I really came to understand how deep my passion is for ministry in the city. I feel so called to see the world and theology from the bottom up and to minister from this place. I got the incredible honor of meeting the kind and intelligent Jeremiah Wright and Father Pflager. If you don't know who they are, google the names, they are two prophets worth knowing.
After the class, I basically watched horror movies for three weeks and got ready for the semester by reading and taking care of administrative stuff. Recently, I was nominated for the FTE's Ministry Fellowship. I am pretty excited about that and will let you know how it goes.

Now I am taking Systematic Theology: Creation and the Triune God, Reformation History, Galatians and Thessalonians, and Pentateuch. A full load, but a fun one. I was going to talk about a new meaning for faith and salvation in our changing world, but I am tired, I'll do this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment