Thursday, March 11, 2010

quick update

Hi all. What a busy time. Between homework (which I obsessively do all of-probably not healthy), applying for scholarships, figuring out CPE, planning the wedding, student council, church, work, and all the little stuff in between, life can get pretty overwhelming. But, this is exactly what I signed up for. It is a good and refreshing busy. Yet, I know that the call to be a sabbath person is the call to take time to remember that it is not in these actions that I am a child of God, but in simply being and in faith. In all of the busyness, I am learning a few things. First, I am learning time and time again that a person must be able to say no! This is so important. Second, it is ok to ask for help. This is especially good for ministry in the priesthood of all believers. I have no right to take on all the work myself but am called to ask people to take responsibility too! What a beautiful thing to be in partnership rather than kingship! Third, I am learning that I am not in control. It doesn't matter how much I prepare for many of these things, somethings will go wrong. Now, I am sure that these are messages that will have to be drilled into my stubborn type-a head again and again, but it is good when I feel like I grasp them.
The weather is turning warm. Minnesota is beautiful this time of year. It is like swampland right now. Wonderful. The smell of the saturated ground captures me as I walk to class in our little picturesque neighborhood. Though it is in the middle of lent right now, this is certainly a resurrection time for the world. I think people who don't experience midwestern winters don't really get good theology. We must be driven to despair-to the cross-to know God and to experience God's promises. Just when we are despairing the most, the winter leaves and there is a new creation. I hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment