Thursday, June 24, 2010

well into summer

Hello all,
Just wanted to write a quick update. The summer is moving along nicely. I am still surprised by how fast it is going. We are already four weeks into the ten week CPE program. This has been a really wonderful experience so far. The group gets along quite well and is every open. It is such a different atmosphere than I am used to in terms of the openness of the group. Still, I really look forward to clinical time the most. This is the time that we get to spend with patients. Every now and again it is clear that the chaplain's presence is not welcome in a room, but mostly I find that people are really quite willing to offer the chaplain hospitality by letting us into their space for a chat. Some patients really want to explore issues of faith and their emotions, but many patients just want someone to talk to. The hospital can be a lonely place for people and I feel so blessed to be in a position to relieve some of that loneliness. I could certainly see myself doing this in a more full time way.

Pippi and I are doing amazing! We just received news that we will indeed get the housing we were hoping for next year. This was really the last thing that was up in the air in terms of planning for next year. It was really exciting news for us! In other news, we've been getting a lot of rsvp cards for the wedding-thank you for that and we've been spending a good amount of time on weekends at her parent's cabin in Wisconsin. All in all, a good summer so far. Here's hoping for more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment